Thursday, March 22, 2007

Holy Frickin' Hell (Boots Roots!)

I was going to post an article about my Saint Patrick's Day, or a video game review, or an article about recently discovered evidence that Shakespeare smoked cannabis and cocaine. But instead, I saw this on myspace. I cannot tell you how happy I am right now. This man is a legend in my mind.


That's Right! A CD release!!! I don't know how exciting the rest of you are, but I'm fucking ecstatic! I can't count how many days I've sat on a sidewalk listening to this man play. Boots is blues as good as it gets.

----------------- Bulletin Message ----------------

Check out this event: Boots Roots CD Release Party

Boots Roots – The One Man Band



Born Robert Montgomery in Miami, Florida on January 14th,1935. Boot Roots performed many years in Miami and traveled extensively performing the Blues with many bands. While traveling through Chattanooga, TN, doing gigs, he thought it would be a great location to “Retire.” Since “retiring” 30 years ago in Chattanooga, he has entertained thousands of local residents and tourists passing through town. One can find Boots on the street corner near the Chattanooga aquarium on most fine Spring, Summer, and Fall days and on the warmer days of Winter. Boots has five grown children in the Miami area and one “hook up” of 40 years.

Boots Roots influences include the greats of Wes Montgomery, Alex Stevens, WC Baker, and Leon Demon. Listening to his music you will find it is a cross between Buddy Guy and Muddy Waters.

Hosted By: Steve Gibbon
When: Saturday Mar 24, 2007
at 8:00 PM
Where: Barking Legs Theater
1307 Dodds Ave
Chattanooga, TN 37405
United States
Description:
Steve Gibbon

Click Here To View Event


For more info go to http://www.myspace.com/bootsroots

No comments:

Post a Comment